Thursday, February 10, 2005

It's the spirit of the thing

CDO has been inundated with Valentine's Day mania. Canyon Singers are selling singing Valentines, DECA has balloons, the Varsity Cheerleaders have lip shaped lolliepops, GSA is selling chocolate kiss roses, and StuGo is selling Candygrams and carnations. It's oppressive! Oppressive I tell you! I can open a door without someone screaming my name and an entreaty to purchase something chocolatey or covered in roses. It's not without reason that Valentine's Day is the second largest card-selling holiday (second only to Christmas). But Christmas has "Bah, Humbug!" Where's my cynical exclamation? If ever there were a niche for a cynical saying, this is it....

9 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Yes, it's a rough holiday. But there are sometimes cookies.

2/11/2005 07:13:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Eh, it's not so bad. Mom always scores on the gifts, and there is a LOT of chocolate. You know how I feel about chocolate. The Starbucks man gave me free drinking chocolate with my celebratory cookie as "an early(?) Valentine's Day present" this afternoon before I went back to school. It was nice. Very nice.

2/14/2005 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

are we talking about CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE because oh my god I love that stuff and we have to discuss it.

2/14/2005 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

It was indeed. Starbucks man is my new friend. He didn't give the obnoxious woman behind me free CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE a.k.a. heaven in a cup.

2/14/2005 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE is the second most amazing beverage I know, after City Bakery hot chocolate. Starbucks man is a keeper. Do not let him go. Did it make you a little squirrel-handed? That is what CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE does to me. Just ask Ed.

2/15/2005 08:41:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Yeah, the squirrel handedness was inevitable, but is a reasonable sacrifice to the gods of CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE.

2/15/2005 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

There is no sacrifice too great for CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE. It made me say CHANTICO a lot that night, in funny voices.

2/15/2005 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

You two are your own cult.

2/15/2005 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

We have been chosen. We must drink the CHANTICO DRINKING CHOCOLATE!!!!

2/15/2005 07:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home