Saturday, July 16, 2005

I tried so hard

I was so careful. When it came to the door in its green and white package, I didn't even open it for a whole half an hour. "I'll just take one look...and maybe read a chapter or two. I'm going to make it last this time." And then, three chapters later, I shut it. "That's enough. Now I'll take a break." Next thing I knew, I was on page 550 and there was really no point to even attempting to stop reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. That I was going to finish it today was a foregone conclusion. For those of you who are slower readers or who have less free time or more self control than do I, I'll say only this: It's really really good. It'll go faster than you think. It made me cry. Twice. And...well, let me know when you finish it. I'm dying here.

5 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

DON'T SAY A WORD. I have so little time to read!!!! But oh NO! Made you cry twice? I'm toast.

7/17/2005 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I won't say anything. I've already had to pinky-swear Claire that I won't even THINK about it in her presence. :-)

It's so good.

7/17/2005 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

loved. it.

7/17/2005 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Also, what parts made you cry? If we can talk about this on the Internets.

7/17/2005 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I cried when you-know-who (not He Who MUst Not Be Named) was drinking all that potion, and I cried at the funeral.

:'(

So sad. So good. Must read again.

7/17/2005 03:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home