Monday, April 11, 2005

To Prom or not to Prom: that is the question

I'm actually thinking the answer may be "not." I'm kind of sad about this, but M and D pretty much shot down the leaving Stanford early idea, so it may be all I'm left with. Kelsey and Claire will probably try to kill me, but I'll hold strong. It's not like I'll miss out on parties, as there will be tons at the Stanford thing. It's just that I'm slightly sad to miss my last shot at the whole "prom thing". Which is silly, since I always have to be convinced to go them anyhow. Oh well. As Mom points out, it's not like I've never been to a prom. And I don't even really like them. I'd rather go to parties in my converse than in uncomfortable (yet adorable) shoes. Plus: I think getting to know the potential Stanford kids is important to being sure that I'm making the right decision. And it will be fun. How could it not be? But still. Now playing: "The Blower's Daughter" and the new Jack Johnson, both of which MAKE MY DAY!

4 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Yeah, I think so. College is a big choice, and it's important to have all the relevant info when deciding. Are the parentals going up there with you?

4/12/2005 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I don't think they're going to go to Stanford. At least from what they've siad so far it sounds like they won't. I don't think most parents will go. It seems kind of like a kid event. :-)

4/12/2005 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Cool! So you fly out on your own? Very exciting.

4/13/2005 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Yeah, it should be fun!

4/13/2005 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home