Tuesday, April 12, 2005

In which I am the Pride of Amphi...again

Tonight, I was make the Pride of Amphi again. It was boring. But ice cream with Yetman and his decathletes afterwards was tons of fun. Otherwise, life is pretty uneventful. I am tired, and either allergic or coldey. As much as I'd like it to be allergies, it doesn't seem to respond well to antihistamine, so it's probably the dreaded cold. Ugh. What a drag. Oh, and tomorrow, our Beatles quartet is auditioning for Doradostock. A girl called me tonight to ask how many microphones we needed. I'm not sure she's got a firm hold on the concept yet. :-) We're sounding pretty good though, which is encouraging. It's on May 6th, and I'm hoping someone (probably someone related to Ellen) will tape it for your collective viewing pleasure. The sheer irony of our inclusion should make it interesting. I guarantee you we'll be the only "band" with a firm grasp on harmony.

7 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

That's so cool.

You are the pride of Amphi EVERY DAY. Also the pride of me.

4/13/2005 07:31:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Aw. Thank you!

4/13/2005 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

And can I just say that those announcements brought back memories? That's very tricky of the Gay-Straight Alliance to take a vow of silence. Do they plan to go to class? Like I said, tricky. Maybe today *I* will take a vow of silence.

4/13/2005 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Yeah, I think they go to class. I'm not sure how it works. I guess they just write everything. It does sound restful though.

4/13/2005 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Are the teachers supposed to just let them not talk? If I were a teacher I would call on them all day long, just to test their willpower. Also, it doesn't REALLY seem right, even for political reasons, to stop talking. I am such an old stodgy person now. "Those kids should advocate gay rights on a SATURDAY."

4/13/2005 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

It is kind of a silly way to protest. They've done it before though, so they must ahve some system figured out with the teachers.

4/13/2005 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I guess so. I think it sounds very restful. For the teachers too.

4/13/2005 06:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home