Tuesday, October 04, 2005

College does not suck. In fact, it is the anti-suck.

It does not suck so much that I have been very very lazy about posting here. It basically still feels like summer camp here. I figure that if I do start posting some more, you'll all need a list of my friends to refer to, so I'm going to make you one. Here you go:
  • Lauren M. - From Los Angeles, surfs. Sarcastic, funny, smart. We all pretty much live in her room.
  • Jenny - Lauren M.'s roommate. From Virginia, also smart (OK, I'm gonna have to stop listing that now. They're all smart.). Likes beer and is really really good at getting random guys to get it for her.
  • Ly - From Oregon. Reminds me strongly of Lane on Gilmore Girls. They look a lot alike, and they talk a lot alike. The only thing that's missing is the crazy religious family.
  • Lauren S. - Lives across the hall from Lauren M. From Colorado, is in ROTC. Sweet, happy, always complimenting someone.
  • Max - From Georgia. Total southern boy, not just in accent but in attitude. Recently broke up with his hometown girlfriend. Used to be very non-contact, but Lauren M. and I broke him and now he's very cuddly. Mostly.
  • Eric - Friends with Lauren S., and also from Colorado. Very earnest and little brothery. He likes to lead, to count people, and to declare spontaneously that he loves us all. Has kind of a thing for me which I am ignoring because he has cute friends.
  • The Branner boys - Eric lives in Branner, which is the largest all-frosh house on campus. His friends are the Branner Boys, and they include:
    • DrunkJohn - Totally boring when sober, but when drunk, hilarious.
    • Byron - Cute, but not quite my type. Witty and tall and handles drunkjohn most expertly.
    • Adrian - From TX, looks kind of like Johnny Damon, or Jesus (a little bit, but I find that creepy). I have kind of a little thing for him. But it's getting dangerously internet-based, so I may have to abandon it, unless I can find some way to un-internet it. It's never good to have talked more online than in real life. It makes it creepy.
    • Brandon - Runs track. Blonde. Skinny. Nice.
    • Alex - Made us popcorn.
    • Jaimie - Eric's roommate. Slightly creepy Mexican kid with good hair.
  • Jaynie - My roommate! From Idaho, is an athlete (a HEPtathlete, to be exact). Kicks butt, and will beat up anyone who tries to attack the room with her mad mad javelin skillz.
That's the main list, but there are more, all of whom will be introduced as the story warrants. Until then, good night.

9 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

I'm not sure you can date someone who looks like Jesus. I just don't know, man... ;)

10/05/2005 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Hmm, I still don't know. Also, I'm such a non-baseball person. "Who the hell is Johnny Damon?" I was thinking... Then again I did see him on that Queer Eye makeover episode.

10/05/2005 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm not a huge baseball person, but it really is an apt comparison. I send you link to facebook picture.

10/05/2005 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Yeah, it is apt. Wow.

10/05/2005 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

don't fuck with the jesus. tragically, this is a reference to the "it" movie of my college generation. i guess i should say something about voting for pedro. but this guy doesn't look like pedro. anyway, just remember that the bar is raised for people who look like jesus.

10/06/2005 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm kind of embarassed to say that I have NO idea what movie you're talking about.

10/07/2005 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

i'll let ed enlighten you. i say this because i love you, but hilarious only has one l.

10/09/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

no, see, you're mr. lebowski. i'm the dude. you know, the dude? that, or his dudeness, duder, or el duderino, if you're not into that whole brevity thing...

10/09/2005 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

That it does (have one "l"). Also, "across" has only one "c". I've fixed them.

10/10/2005 04:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home