Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dreamy

My IHUM Teaching Fellow (TF) is a cool guy. He's a rock climber, and he comes from some mysterious Slavic country. His name is Darko. I mean, how cool is THAT? If my name were Darko, I might have to get everything I owned monogrammed, just so I could read it every day, all the time. Of course, then I'd probably get tired of it, and I'd be screwed. It would suck to be really really tired of your own name. We have IHUM section in gardens, have food in class, watch movies, and get out of class early. I never thought I'd actually like section, but I totally do. Anyhow, he's a cool dude. So I wasn't really surprised when my subconscious decided to include him in a dream. My dreams are notably creative and vivid. I tend to dream about things like putting on a play with old tires and sleeping bags as costumes, or leading an aquatic attack against marauding Navy seals, or that my friend's mother is boiling her Dalmation to give it more spots. What was surprising was that dream Darko and I were going on a date. At the time, it seemed totally natural to be going to see The Shins with my TF, but when I woke up, it left me feeling distinctly...awkward. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time in my meeting with him about my paper trying really hard not to hum The Shins. Curse you, subconscious!

4 Comments:

Blogger Walt said...

Remembering your dreams like that is pretty awexome. I usually think "Man, that was cool...oh, wait...it was a dream." I've never had a Dalmation boiling dream though. Probably because none of my friends have had Dalmations...

Still, vivid dreams=(usually) sweet

5/24/2006 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Actually, this particular friend didn't own a Dalmation. It was a Dalmation created solely for the purposes of my dream. I don't think they even have a dog.

5/24/2006 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Walt said...

Well, still. As far as I can remember, I've never created a dream dog for boiling purposes or otherwise.

5/24/2006 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Of course, the upside to not dreaming like me is that you don't have to deal with imaginary awkwardness in the wake of your imaginary date with your teacher. Consider yourself sane (-er than me).

5/26/2006 06:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home